photo e49f6926-be7f-433c-978b-88b878ccaca7_zps9771413e.jpg  photo eb7cb70c-41d7-43a1-b475-3ffa7a70d4b7_zpsf87d4ad0.jpg  photo 18abec2f-4f50-4b70-90c1-04c5b103f1e8_zpsef875764.jpg

Friday, October 18, 2013

Sketchnotes: Incorporating this new idea in my classroom

I was looking around on Pinterest the other day and came across a pin for Sketchnotes. I have never heard of it and it looked awesome. So, I did some research. What I found out was that this is being done a lot at the corporate level, quite a bit at the college level, but not really in the lower grades. So, I thought, how cool would this be to incorporate into my class and our interactive notebooks.

During my research I created a "How to" PowerPoint that I will go over with my students. I also included a basic rubric. I may end up changing it once I see how the students do, but thought I really wanted to give this a try.

So, the next thing I did was take the next chapter we are doing and create two Sketchnotes of my own. I am really proud of how they turned out and it was a lot of fun!!!!!



I'm not very artistic, but I wanted to show my students that you didn't have to know how to draw to make these exciting and be involved in it. I think this will be a great way for students to remember what they learned in a given lesson and a great place for them to go back and study from.

Here is a snapshot of the PowerPoint I made.


After creating my own two, I cannot wait to introduce this to my students once we start our next chapter on the Constitution. I think they are really going to love it and I think it will help bring out some of their creative sides. Can't hurt to try, right?

Would you ever try sketchnotes in your class??

 photo c31ef828-e89b-4eb9-811f-5fcf3fd2eb30_zpse9b11e18.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Please feel free to leave me comments and I will try to respond to each and every one!